“Sport has the power to change the world…it has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to young people in a language they understand. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair. It is more powerful than government in breaking down racial barriers.”
Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)
The ECSU seeks to engage churches, organisations and individuals in each country across Europe to:
- See the value of sport as worship in and of itself.
- See the sports culture as a key unreached people group in great need of the gospel.
- See their role in the global movement of Christ in Sport.
The ECSU seeks to encourage churches, organisations and individuals in each country across Europe to:
- Facilitate sports mission in and through sport.
- Pray for each other through a Europe wide sports mission prayer diary.
- Work together by sharing ideas and resources and partnering together for a common cause.
- Be vessels of change in the culture of sport and to serve the world of sport faithfully.
The ECSU seeks to equip churches, organisations and individuals in each country across Europe to:
- Share the gospel in and through sport.
- Impact their community through sport for Christ.
- Through annual training courses throughout Europe.